BB&T Center Training
Sept. 2 or Sept. 3 or Sept. 5 at 6 p.m.
New BB&T Volunteers Only
Dignitaries Tour Green Schools
As the new school year unfolds, with it comes a new beginning for me as a high school Magnet Coordinator. I have 27 years of experience in Broward County, with 10 of those as the Environmental Science Magnet Coordinator at Sawgrass Springs Middle School.
I am passionate about preserving the environment and restoring the Everglades, but more passionate about leading America's youth. High school is a journey. The trip will have its ups and downs, bumps and curves, excitement and fears.
As your Magnet Coordinator I will be here to support you and your child along the way. I look forward to meeting you whether we are at a PTSO or FERM meeting, on a field trip as chaperones, or volunteering together at the BB&T Center. When you are on campus, please stop by the Magnet Office so we can get acquainted. Watch for more information about a Fall Magnet Breakfast.
JoAnn Cantlupe, Magnet Coordinator
Independent firm marks South Plantation's program tops. Read about it: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/education/fl-broward-magnet-programs-20140903,0,7490817.story
1. Register to be a chaperone at www.GetInvolvedInEducation.com.
2. Apply for the free-reduced meal plan if you think you qualify at applyforlunch.com. Other benefits include scholarship eligibility and reduced fees for SAT, ACT and college admission applications.
3. Volunteer to help at BB&T concession stand by contacting Tanya Reid at email@example.com.
4. Purchase a sweatshirt or jacket under Parent Organization F.E.R.M.
5. Like the Facebook Page: Fans of the Everglades Restoration Magnet.